Our training and Consultancy service Grampian Child Bereavement Network aims to:
- Increase awareness of the needs of bereaved children and young people.
- Inform and build knowledge of impact of bereavement on children and young people.
- Increase and enable professionals and others who are supporting bereaved children and young people to respond and provide appropriate support.
- Provide information, enable and build capacity in professionals and others, to support children and young people to manage grief.
- Bereavement Awareness Sessions offered to schools, groups and professionals.
- Supporting families following suden death
- Supporting children following trauma
- Keynote speakers
- Direct work with children
- Keeping memories safe
- Targeted, specific workshops.
- Provision of information and advice on resources
- Advice to professionals on responding to and supporting children and their families.
- Direct mentoring to key workers.
- Advice and assistance to organisations on planning a response to emergencies and critical incidents.
- Support to agencies, professionals, organisations and companies on responding to a critical incident.
Grampian Child Bereavement Network Trainers
- GCBN – Trustees come from a range of backgrounds, including education, social work and health. All have considerable knowledge, experience and skills in working with and supporting bereaved children, young people and their families.
- External professionals who have expert knowledge in specific areas of bereavement support.
“Speakers were very knowledgeable, delivered clear and precise presentation.”
“Excellent day. Very informative.”
“Anne’s approach to sharing her expertise has been very thought provoking and interesting. Thank you so much for this opportunity.”
“Very interesting, well run day. Thank you.”
“I have a better understanding with child bereavement since doing courses through your organisation.”
Whilst we offer free training and consultancy, a donation to cover travel and expenses is appreciated.